I love engagement sessions! They are fun and relaxing and often it is the first time I really get to know the bride and groom. They are also great because they help me to understand you as a couple and they help you to get comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding day. I get lots of questions about engagement sessions so I thought I would compile the answers to some frequently asked questions, of course if you have any questions always feel free to contact me!
What time of day is best?
Is there a certain time of day that is best for our engagement photos? Yes! Though I have done engagement photos at just about every time of day, there are times that are best. Early morning and late afternoon/early evening are the best times for photos. The exact time of day will vary based on the time of year that your photos are being taken, but morning and evening are best since the light is softer and more romantic. It is also a great way to escape the heat!
Location, Location, Location
I love when the couple chooses the location. It is always a representation of who they are and their personal style. The couple is always more comfortable and the photos are a better showcase of who they are. I love shooting at all types of locations, everything from urban cityscapes to romantic open fields. You can choose more than one location for your session if you want to have two different feels for your photos.
What to wear?
This is a popular question, everyone want to know what to wear to the engagement session. Here are a few tips to make sure you look your best for your engagement photos!
- Be Yourself…choose outfits that represent who you are as a couple. Wear something you will be comfortable in.
- Coordinate…but DON”T MATCH! Lots of people think that for the pictures to match you have to wear the exact same thing, but actually it is not true. It is much better to wear outfits that work together, but don’e match. Instead of wearing the exact same color, wear a different shade of the same color, or colors that coordinate.
- Consider having your hair and makeup professionally done, it can be a great trial for the wedding and will make you feel extra confident and gorgeous!
- Accessorize! Textures and layers look great in photos…and scarves and chunky jewelry are always fun!
- Above all, be confident and feel beautiful. This will make a bigger difference in your photos than a cute outfit ever could!