The May Scripture challenge starts tomorrow! I am so excited to have so many of you join me, and I can tell that you are excited by all the posts, comments, messages and emails I have been getting about the challenge. I even chatted this week with my dear friend who I consider to also be a mentor and prayer warrior and she let me know that I even had a 60 something lady joining in with us. So thankful that Scripture unites the young and the old, the rich and the poor, the broken and the thirsty.
I just wanted to give you a little encouragement today of the importance of being in Scripture, and encouraging each other with God’s Word. I recently finished studying Philippians as part of special project that you may have seen glimpses of on instagram. I can’t tell you how encouraged I was by that little book to keep my eyes fixed on the purpose of spreading the Gospel, and having joy as Paul did through all suffering.
Yesterday my sweet friend Jessica posted on FB that she was feeling down and had been hurt by some people, and asked the ladies in her life to remind her of some Scripture to encourage her heart. I shared with her how much the book of Philippians had meant to me, and told her that I thought it would encouraging to her. This morning I woke up with a heavy heart. I got on Facebook to see what was going on, and I saw a new post from Jessica. She was quoting some of the verses in Philippians that I had pointed her too.
- Read scripture every day in the month of May.
- Share a photo on instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #lampandlight so that we can encourage each other on the journey and inspire others to make Scripture a priority.
How to get ready:
- Decide what you are going to read. I recommend choosing a book of the Bible and starting at the beginning, but if you are already in a reading plan or going through a study you don’t need to choose something else.
- Prepare your heart. Ask God to encourage your heart throughout the month of May, and instill in you a love and desire for God’s Word.
- Ask a friend to join you. I will be here to cheer you on, and will be checking out the hashtag often, but it would be great to ask a friend or a few to try to commit with you so that you can encourage each other.
- If you aren’t sure how to study Scripture, you can read this post about how I do it.
- Share the image below on Facebook or instagram and ask friends to join in.
- You can also share it on Pinterest using the Pinterest button at the bottom of the post.