Last year I started the May Scripture Challenge as a way for us to keep each other accountable and encourage each other to spend time in the Word. I was amazed at the community that came together and committed to reading Scripture every day in the month of May…so this year…we are doing it again! I would love for you to join us!
- Read scripture every day in the month of May.
- Share a photo on instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #lampandlight so that we can encourage each other on the journey and inspire others to make Scripture a priority.
How to get ready:
- Decide what you are going to read. I recommend choosing a book of the Bible and starting at the beginning, but if you are already in a reading plan or going through a study you don’t need to choose something else.
- Prepare your heart. Ask God to encourage your heart throughout the month of May, and instill in you a love and desire for God’s Word.
- Ask a friend to join you. I will be here to cheer you on, and will be checking out the hashtag often, but it would be great to ask a friend or a few to try to commit with you so that you can encourage each other.
- If you aren’t sure how to study Scripture, you can read this post about how I do it.
- Share the image below on Facebook or instagram and ask friends to join in.
- You can also share it on Pinterest using the Pinterest button at the bottom of the post.
I am so excited to see old and new friends participate in this challenge, because I know that Scripture is powerful. Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment here or on instagram, or by using the contact page above to send me an email.