Back in May I held a Scripture challenge, and it was so great to commit to being in God’s Word with hundreds of women. Accountability helps so much in our lives, and being in Scripture is no exception. So starting September 1st we will be doing another Scripture challenge. Everything you need to know is listed below! I will be working through my new Freedom and Grace Journal in September. You are welcome to join me in studying the book of Galatians with the journal or to choose your own reading plan. September is the perfect time for a fresh start! Let’s make being in God’s Word a priority!
- Read scripture every day in the month of September.
- Share a photo on instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #lampandlight each day,so that we can encourage each other on the journey and inspire others to make Scripture a priority.
How to get ready:
- Decide what you are going to read. I recommend choosing a book of the Bible and starting at the beginning, but if you are already in a reading plan or going through a study you don’t need to choose something else. In the shop I have two different devotional journals that would last the whole month. One over Philippians and Colossians, and one over Galatians. You can view them here. I will be working through the Freedom and Grace journal if you would like to go through it with me.
- Prepare your heart. Ask God to encourage your heart throughout the month of September, and instill in you a love and desire for God’s Word.
- Ask a friend to join you. I will be here to cheer you on, and will be checking out the hashtag often, but it would be great to ask a friend or a few to try to commit with you so that you can encourage each other.
- If you aren’t sure how to study Scripture, you can read this post about how I do it.
- Share the image below on Facebook or instagram and ask friends to join in.
- You can also share it on Pinterest using the Pinterest button at the bottom of the post.
- Keep an eye on the blog! I will try to write some posts to encourage and give ideas about how to make time to be in Scripture. If you have any questions or something that you would like me to address in a blog post leave a comment here or on instagram and I will try to help!